- Breakfast Smoothie!
- 1 scoop 7.2 Vegan Protein Powder
- 1 hand-full of Organic Goji Berries
- 1 tsp of Acai Berry or Maquai Berry Powder
- ½ cup of Organic Frozen Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Organic, Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Molecularly Distilled Fish Oil (source of EPA/DHA – lemon flavor)
- 2 tsp Organic, Cold-Pressed Flax Seed Oil
- 8oz. water (I use 12oz of whatever fresh vegetable juice my wife make that morning)
Blend in a blender
Healthy Snack Ideas
- A hand full of goji berries
- Frozen banana slices or frozen grapes
- My favorite trail mix (the amounts of each are up to one’s individual taste or preference) Goji berries; Organic, Raw Cashews; and Cacao Nibs
- Sliced veggies, raw nuts and/or fresh fruit
Whether you’re packing your own or one for each kid in the house, there are real challenges when thinking about this mid-day meal. I know you want healthy options for lunch that keeps everyone satisfied. There’s also a real need for make-ahead recipes…why would those pre-packaged lunch packs and frozen meals be so popular if ease of prep wasn’t the primary goal. Most importantly: How can you keep lunch tasting good day after day? And as any parent knows, if it doesn’t taste good, lunch table swaps are inevitable.
Curry Chicken Salad with Apples, Cashews and Goji Berries (super yummy)
- 1/4 cup Soy-Free Vegenaise® instead of regular Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry powder (more or less if desired. My daughter likes a shake of cayenne powder for an extra kick)
- 2 tsp spring or distilled water
- 1 cup chopped skinless, boneless Chicken (about 4 oz. Season chicken with lemon and herbs of your choice. We use lemon, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Grill or bake)
- 3/4 cup chopped apple (about 1 small – I use Granny Smith)
- 1/3 cup diced celery (when it comes to celery, only use Organic)
- 3 tbsp Organic, dried, goji berries
- 1/4 Raw, Organic Cashews
- 1/8 tsp Celtic Sea Salt® (or to taste)
Combine Vegenaise, curry powder, and water in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add the grilled chicken, chopped apple, celery, goji berries, cashews and salt; stir mixture well to combine. Cover and chill.
Check out these websites for more ideas!