NAET is a blending of the non-invasive procedures from Western and Eastern healing practices that help to eliminate allergies of all kinds, permanently. It is a specific treatment procedure formulated by combining chiropractic and Chinese Medicine principles applied through spinal manipulation, acupuncture, kinesiology, acupressure and nutrition. This powerful process was discovered quite accidentally in November of 1983 by Dr. Devi S. Nambudripad, who is a Medical Doctor, Doctor of Chiropractic, Doctor of Oriental Medical and is a Licensed Acupuncturist, R.N., and Ph.D. Through the years she has ceaselessly perfected her technique while studying the effect of this technique on thousands of patients.
NAET uses Muscle Response Testing (MRT) to confirm the presence of allergic reactivity. Once identified, Dr. Nambudripad uses spinal manipulation, acupressure and/or acupuncture procedures to eliminate the allergy. The treatment is geared to re-program the brain's negative responses towards the allergen(s) to a positive response whenever these substances are contacted in the future. NAET is based on the Chinese Medicine principle, that "no disease is possible when your body is in perfect balance." Through NAET, my health is being brought back into a "homeostasis" or a perfect energy balance throughout my entire body. NAET offers an energy medicine solution to allergic conditions by balancing the body and mind through three pathways.
1.The mind-body energy pathway (Psycho-somatic pathway),
2.The body-mind energy pathway( Somato- visceral pathway) and
3.The mind-body-organ pathway (Psycho-somato-visceral pathway)
All of this is accomplished through the stimulation of the spinal nerves using a specific acupuncture/acupressure and spinal manipulation protocol without drugs, allergy shots, or any forms of invasive entry into the body.
For over the last 20 years, Dr. Nambudripad has been using her own discovery, the Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET), at her clinic in Buena Park, California, to relieve between 80-90 of her patients, which number in the thousands. "In every case, allergies were cleared out, never to return," reports Dr. Nambudripad, from her "profound" research files. And all this without any strict rotation or elimination diets to avoid the allergy-producing substance.
Making the decision to seek alternative treatment like NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques) is the first step in alternative allergy treatment. The second step is finding the right practitioner. This one can be challenging, as there are many practitioners who claim to be NAET practitioners, but don’t follow the procedures for true NAET. To obtain the results of becoming allergy free, the correct procedures must be followed. Here are some important criteria to look for while searching for your practitioner:
NAET Practitioners do:
• Test your allergy (what it is exactly you are allergic to and the severity of your allergy) using a specifically designed device for allergy testing called NAETER or by using muscle response testing.
• Treat acupuncture spots on your back with either hands or with a pressure instrument while at the same time you keep the allergen in your hand (the allergen is enclosed in a vial to ensure safety). An exception may be that a young child can have the allergen held in place with a wrist band.
• Retest after staying in the office for 15-20 minutes to check the severity of the allergen using muscle response testing again. The resistance will be greater, though it may take several sessions for complete clearing of the allergen.
• Ask that the patient avoids the allergen for at least 25 hours after each treatment and advise on ways of doing so.
• Require follow up visits complete with muscle response testing at each one until the allergy has cleared at least 80% – 90% (this may take quite a few sessions depending on the severity of you allergy).
• Advise you on how to introduce the allergen into your diet/lifestyle.