"A major cause of the Roman Empire's decline, after six centuries of world dominance was its replacement of stone aqueducts by lead pipes for the transport and supply of drinking water. Roman engineers, the best in the world, turned their fellow citizens into cripples. Today our own "best and brightest," with the best of intentions, achieve the same end through childhood vaccination programs yielding the modern scourges of hyperactivity, learning disabilities, autism, appetite disorders, and impulsive violence." ~ Harris Coulter, Ph.D.
It really says a lot when many other colleagues are taking about the risk of vaccinations... Many of these disorders are linked to childhood vaccinations. I urge every mother and father to educated themselves on the pros and cons of vaccination before making a decision that could potentially cause life long consequences to your self and your children.
These are some of the common concerns about vaccinations
* Are vaccines effective? Do vaccines really protect from disease?
* How safe are vaccines? Who monitors the safety of vaccines?
* Are vaccines really necessary?
* Who should not get vaccinated?
* Is an infant's immune system too immature to handle vaccinations?
* Aren't vaccines un-natural?
* What is the issue about thimerosal? Is it dangerous?
* Is there a link between vaccines and autism?
* Why should babies get injections that make them cry?
* What if vaccines are too expensive?
Every parent is encouraged to educate themselves about vaccinations in order to make sound decisions about their child's healthcare.
Eight additional questions to ask:
* Is my child sick right now?
* Has my child had a bad reaction to a vaccine before?
* Does my child have a family history of:
o Vaccine reactions
o Convulsions or neurological disorders
o Severe allergies
o Immune system disorders
* Do I know if my child I at risk for reacting?
* Do I know how to identify a reaction?
* Do I know how to report a vaccine reaction?
* Do I know the vaccine manufacturer's name and lot number?
* Do I know I have a choice?
The recent rise of autism, autism spectrum disorders, ADD, ADHD, allergies, digestive disorders including reflux, skin conditions/eczema, sensory integration issues and decreased immune function in our children is astonishing. Our body and immune system was not designed to process chemicals which come from the environment (poluted air, water and soil), prescription drugs, processed foods & beverages and vaccinations.
The build up of chemicals creates a toxic load in the adult and pediatric body. With the addition of more and more vaccinations, a little person's body, excretory and immune systems are required to work even harder to eliminate this chemically induced toxic load. When the body cannot process and excrete toxins, symptoms and diseases will occur. In 1983, 10 vaccinations were recommended (download PDF of 1983 CDC recommendations), but in 2010 the number has risen to 49, an increase of over 400% (download PDF of current CDC recommendations).Also, vaccines are not tested for risks when given in combination, yet routinely they are dosed that way for convenience and compliance.
Mercury has received a lot of media coverage regarding its close correlation to autism and other associated disorders. Although mercury has been removed from most vaccines, it is still routinely an ingredient in the Flu Shot, which is recommended during pregnancy and for children. Mercury is also still in the RhoGAM Shot, which is given to pregnant women when their Rh factor is negative. Unfortunately mercury is also in our air as a result of burning coal and in the fish we eat due to polluted oceans.
In addition, thimerasol, which is 49% ethyl mercury is still routinely put into vaccine. These are not the only toxic ingredients found in vaccinations.
Here are some of the toxic ingredients found in vaccinations and flu shots:
A common misconception is that a child must be vaccinated to attend school. Learn more about vaccination recommendations vs. laws and visit the download page for exemption forms.
If after weighing the pros and cons, you decide to vaccinate your child, here are important things to consider:
* Never vaccinate your child while he or she is sick (even mild symptoms) or is on antibiotics.
* Increase vitamins before, on and after the vaccination day, especially high doses of Vitamin C (3000-5000 mg per/day) and Vitamin A (5000 IU or more) when giving the MMR vaccine.
* Give your child a homeopathic remedy to help detoxify the toxic chemicals from the vaccine. We recommend the homeopathic: Vaccusick, which is available at Lake Pointe. The dosage is 1 drop per day for two weeks after each vaccination.
* Delay vaccines until your child is 18-24 months old.
* Consider only one vaccination per medical doctor's visit.
The following are signs of an adverse vaccine reaction:
* Tenderness and/or swelling at injection site
* Fever (severe or mild)
* Unrelieved crying and/or high-pitched cry
* Limp / decreased muscle tone
* Marked increase in sleeping time
* Skin rashes
* Joint pain and aching
* Seizures or convulsions
* Anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock
* Abscess or infection at injection site
* Development delays or changes
If your child has an adverse reaction, stop vaccinations until you learn more. The Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System was developed in 1991; it can be used to search for a "hot lot" or contaminated vaccination lot and to report a vaccine reaction. You can also report an adverse reaction to the National Vaccine Information Center.