Excerps from "Don't Vaccinate before you Educate"
In 1970, Robert Mendelsohn, M.D., my pediatrics professor and godfather to my six children, believed in the value of vaccinations. After 1970, he began to question the general value of mass immunization. In 1971, he stopped administering the Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine (MMR), by 1973, he gave up on the Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus Vaccine (DPT) and by 1976 he gave up on the Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV). By 1989 Dr. Mendelsohn no longer recommended any vaccines.
More and more families, after carefully weighing the evidence, are deciding not to vaccinate their children. My goal is for you to make an educated decision.
I want to raise doubt in your mind as to the safety, efficacy and moral issues of vaccines. My goal is for you to do further research into all of the vaccines, use libraries, bookstores, our internet web site (homefirst.com) and ask questions. Only after fully weighing the evidence can you make an informed decision. An informed consumer is a wise consumer. This journey is a beginning of better understanding the issues surrounding childhood vaccinations.
The following information was learned over the many years that I was a student of Dr. Mendelsohn. While a practicing physician, I was honored to be with Dr. Mendelsohn when he gave lectures to medical societies and university classes on his philosophy of medicine. We discussed these issues many times over the years. He later compiled much of this information into his books Confessions of a Medical Heretic and How To Raise A Healthy Child... In Spite of Your Doctor.
Immunization Against Disease:
A medical time bomb?
The greatest threat of childhood diseases lies in the dangerous and ineffectual efforts made to prevent them through mass immunization.
...Doctors, not politicians, have successfully lobbied for laws that force parents to immunize their children as a prerequisite for admission to school.
...They [doctors] should be nervous, because in a recent Chicago case a child damaged by a pertussis inoculation received a $5.5 million settlement award. If your doctor is in that state of mind, exploit his fear, because your child's health is at stake.
Although I administered them myself during my early years of practice, I have become a steadfast opponent of mass inoculations because of the myriad hazards they present....
Here Is the Core of My Concern
1. There is no convincing scientific evidence that mass inoculations can be credited with eliminating any childhood disease....
2. It is commonly believed that the Salk vaccine was responsible for halting the polio epidemics that plagued American children in the 1940's and 1950's. If so, why did the epidemics also end in Europe, where polio vaccine was not so extensively used?...
3. There are significant risks associated with every immunization and numerous contraindications that may make it dangerous for the shots to be given to your child....
4. While the myriad short-term hazards of most immunizations are known (but rarely explained), no one knows the long-term consequences of injecting foreign proteins into the body of your child. Even more shocking is the fact that no one is making any structured effort to find out.
5. There is a growing suspicion that immuniza-tion against relatively harmless childhood diseases may be responsible for the dramatic increase in autoimmune diseases since mass inoculations were introduced. These are fearful diseases such as cancer, leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease, lupus and the Guillain-Barré syndrome....
...As a parent, only you can decide whether to reject immunizations or risk accepting them for your child. Let me urge you, though—before your child is immunized—to arm yourself with the facts about the potential risks and benefits and demand that your pediatrician defend the immunizations that he recommends.
What's in a vaccine?
Vaccines contain many ingredients of which the public is not aware. These are just some of the ingredients used to make a vaccine:
* Ethylene glycol - antifreeze
* Phenol - also known as carbolic acid. This is used as a disinfectant, dye.
* Formaldehyde - a known cancer causing agent
*Aluminum - which is associated with Alzheimer’s disease and seizures also cancer producing in laboratory mice. It is used as an additive to promote antibody response.
* Thimerosal - a mercury disinfectant/ preservative. It can result in brain injury and autoimmune disease.
* Neomycin, Streptomycin - antibiotics which have caused allergic reaction in some people.
These vaccines are also grown on and strained thru animal or human tissue such as monkey kidney tissue, chicken embryo, embryonic guinea pig cells, calf serum, human diploid cells (the dissected organs of aborted fetuses as in the case of rubella, hepatitis A, and chicken pox vaccines)
The problem with using animal cells is that during serial passage of the virus thru the animal cells, animal RNA and DNA can be transferred from one host to another. Undetected animal viruses may slip past quality control testing procedures, as happened during the years 1955 thru 1961. The polio vaccine, which was grown on the kidney of the Green African monkey (simian), was contaminated with SV40 (simian virus #40 - the 40th discovered) which differs from the other 39 because it has oncogenic (cancer causing) properties. What other viruses could be slipping by from animal tissue, administered through vaccinations, that we don't know of?