Thursday, March 18, 2010

Botox: do it or don't do it?


I had a friend asked me for my advice on whether or not she should use botox. Her sister is urging people to get shots in their faces to make them look prettier. By the way, My friend is only 28 years old. So for everyone interested in wanting to know what is botox and whether they should or should not inject this substance into one's body.

Botox like all other chemicals is a toxin. Botox is botulism. It is drived from bacteria. It is a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This toxin can cause paralysis to the nervous system. The Botulinum toxin is a lethal naturally occurring substance. Botox is a minute portion of a lethal strain.

But what we dont know is, what happens when the toxin builds up in the body. One might get severe neurological conditions. If that happends 5,10,+20 years later, No one attributes it back to the botox.

Botox is often injected into the face to relax muscles and make wrinkles disappear. In some instances the toxin can spread to other parts of the body, causing the muscles used for breathing and swallowing to weaken and become paralyzed, potentially proving fatal.

Well you may want to put a hold on using Botox for anything, because the FDA has issued a warning against Botox, since 16 deaths have been reportedly caused by it.

Still thinking of using Botox? Remember, it is your body, it is your health, it is your decision. I personally will never inject botox into my body. I do urge you to do research and talk with all health care providers, medical and non medical.

Thanks for reading,
Dr. Jon Wise

Wise Chiropractic Wellness Center
5875 S. Rainbow Blvd #201
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-248-6292
www.wisechiropractor.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info! I will never use it either, although it has been suggested for the random twitching I get in my eyelids (upper and lower, in both eyes). Could you imagine if something happened and it blinded me?!?! NO WAY!!!!

    Anyways, what happened to aging gracefully and being beautiful, even though you're 50, 60, or even 70? I have no doubt my sister has done Botox before and she is only 25 years old. Stupid stupid stupid......

    ReplyDelete