Two methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene (MTHFR) functional polymorphisms were studied in 205 North American simplex (SPX) and 307 multiplex (MPX) families having one or more children with an autism spectrum disorder. Case–control comparisons revealed a significantly higher frequency of the low-activity 677T allele, higher prevalence of the 677TT genotype and higher frequencies of the 677T-1298A haplotype and double homozygous 677TT/1298AA genotype in affected individuals relative to controls. Family-based association testing demonstrated significant preferential transmission of the 677T and 1298A alleles and the 677T-1298A haplotype to affected offspring. The results were not replicated in MPX families. The results associate the MTHFR gene with autism in SPX families only, suggesting that reduced MTHFR activity is a risk factor for autism in these families.
“[R]ubella (congenital rubella syndrome) is one of the few proven causes of autism,” stated Walter A. Orenstein, M.D., former Assistant Surgeon General and Director of the National Immunization Program, in a 2002 letter to the UK’s Chief Medical Officer. “[R]ubella virus is one of the few known causes of autism,” explained the CDC on its “FAQs (frequently asked questions) about MMR Vaccine & Autism” page, which has since been removed from public view. It is still available in some web archives. Dr. Julie Gerberding, M.D., M.P.H., the currenty president of Merck’s Vaccines Division and past director of the CDC, has also previously admitted that people with a predisposition to mitochondrial dysfunction can develop autism following vaccination. A minimum of 20 percent of vaccine-induced autism cases are associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. “Now, we all know that vaccines can occasionally cause fevers in kids,” stated Dr. Gerberding back in 2008 during a segment on House Call with Dr. Sanjay Gupta titled “Unraveling the Mystery of Autism.” “So if a child was immunized, got a fever, had other complications from the vaccines. And if you’re predisposed with the mitochondrial disorder, it can certainly set off some damage. Some of the symptoms can be symptoms that have characteristics of autism.”
Medical tyranny has no place in American society. Vaccinations are medically invasive with inherent risks, and a one size vaccination schedule does NOT fit all. Parents must always have the choice to vaccinate or not. More than Three Billion Dollars have been paid out through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program in the U.S. to parents whose children have died or been severely injured by vaccines. The U.S. Supreme Court has even admitted that vaccines are unavoidably unsafe. Consider this:
1. Children in the United States are the most highly vaccinated children in the world, and we have the worst infant mortality rate (IMR) among developed nations. Our IMR during the first 24 hours of life is worse than 70+ other nations. Those with the best IMR do not give the hepatitis B vaccine at all unless the mother is positive, and NONE of them give it on the first day of life - as the U.S. does.
2. 54% of American children have at least one chronic illness, including asthma, allergies, autoimmune diseases, ADHD, autism, seizures, and other neuro-developmental disorders. All of these are listed as known adverse reactions to vaccines, and all of them are associated with aluminum toxicity.
3. Aluminum in vaccines given to infants at any one of the "well-baby checks" (aka vaccine appointments) can exceed 1,200 micrograms, administered in a matter of seconds. This amount exceeds the FDA safety limit for aluminum in other injected or IV medications, which is set at 5 mcg/kg body weight over a 24 hour period. The amount given to infants at well-baby checks is hundreds of times greater than the established safety limit - AND this practice has NEVER been studied for either safety or efficacy.
4. The current vaccination schedule includes 49-50 doses of 14 vaccines by the time a child enters kindergarten. The only vaccine that has ever been formally studied by the CDC with regard to autism is the MMR vaccine. The only vaccine ingredient that has ever been studied with regard to autism is Thimerosal. (And the studies that have been done are VERY problematic.)
5. There has never been a single study of the CDC's Childhood schedule, or of the combination of vaccines and ingredients that are administered during a single visit as the schedule recommends.
6. The CDC has never conducted a study of the health outcomes of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated (completely vaccine-free) children. Other countries have conducted such studies and the results indicate vaccine-free children have 3-5 times fewer infections, less antibiotic administration, and fewer behavioral problems.
7. The CDC has intentionally ONLY conducted epidemiological research since the IOM's 2004 Vaccine Safety Review was published, in which the IOM instructed researchers "Do NOT look for children who are more susceptible to vaccine-injury. From now on, ONLY do epidemiological research." Why would they do that? Because epidemiological research CAN ONLY show correlation. It can NEVER show causation. And as we all know... the favorite phrase of those who promote vaccines is... "Correlation does not equal causation." They did this on purpose so they can say, the research does not show causation - of course not. That's because they refuse to do any research that COULD show causation.
A baby with colic who was helped by chiropractic was the focus of a study published in the Journal of Pediatric, Maternal, & Family Health on Nov. 28, 2012.
Colic in babies has classic symptoms of crying for more than 3 hours a day, usually at the same time each day, and for at least 3 days a week. Infants may have a hard abdomen, burp and pass gas a lot, spit up frequently after eating, and cry while pulling their legs up and making tight fists. The crying sounds as if the baby is in pain.
Colic is distressing not only to the baby, but also to the mother and father who witness the suffering of their baby, and are frustrated by their inability to help the baby.
In this case an 8-week-old baby girl was brought into a chiropractic clinic with the classic signs of colic. The mother said that the baby cried constantly for up to 5 hours, and that the baby's face showed pain when making a bowel movement. The baby also had diarrhea, and would scream and cry during these episodes.
A chiropractic examination of the baby was performed using static, motion, and muscle palpation. Subluxations were found in the atlas and T11, as well as observations of subluxation in other areas of the infant's spine.
Specific chiropractic adjustments were begun with "…light impulse finger adjustments." The adjustments were made to C1 (atlas) and T11. The care plan included two visits weekly for four weeks.
Immediate improvement was observed after the initial adjustment, and the colic symptoms disappeared after eight adjustments over four weeks. The parents of the baby reported, "After her first visit, she slept the entire night. She did not have the crying spells and we reduced the medication to once per day." After two weeks of chiropractic care the parents further noted, "She (the baby) no longer takes her medication daily. She is now a happy baby. She eats, sleeps and has regular bowel movements with no pain. For the first time since she was born, she slept through the night."
On March 21, 2016, the Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health published a case study showing chiropractic helping an infant with multiple health issues resulting from a traumatic birth.
The study begins by noting that about 5% of all births in the U.S. are either by forceps or by vacuum extraction. They report that forceps delivery is associated with an increased death rate during birth, and that vacuum extractions are associated with increased head injuries, facial paralysis, and other head and nerve problems. Chiropractors are interested in this problem from a standpoint of the effect these types of births have on the upper portion of the neck.
In this study, a 6-week-old baby boy was brought to the chiropractor for consultation and possible care with problems of infantile colic, acid reflux, restlessness, inability to relax and/or lay on his back, difficulty sleeping and general irritability. The baby's mother described her son as being fussy, restless, always tense and frustrated. She reported that in the first six weeks of life he was screaming and could not be comforted during all his waking hours. While sleeping, the infant would moan and whimper.
The baby had been given a medical diagnosis of acid reflux and infantile colic and he was given the label of a "high needs baby." With this diagnosis, the infant was prescribed and given a generic form of the medication Zantac for his colic and reflux.
A history of the birth process revealed that infant's mother did not experience any contractions prior to the beginning of labor. After only 17 minutes, it was reported that the baby's heart rate had decreased. Because of this, an episiotomy was performed and the baby was pulled out with the aid of vacuum extraction. This resulted in a large bruise on the infant's skull from the vacuum extraction.
A chiropractic examination of the infant revealed the presence of multiple vertebral subluxations, including several in the upper neck region. Chiropractic adjustments were performed specific to the subluxations, and the age and size of the infant.
After the first adjustment, the mother reported that her son had the longest nap he had experienced since birth. The parents also reported that within the first week, the infant had six large bowel movements within 36 hours of being adjusted, was less fussy, less gassy, sleeping more soundly and peacefully, showed improved postural alignment of the neck and entire body, and appeared to be much happier, more comfortable, and demonstrated an overall improved demeanor. After several more visits, the child no longer had any of the digestive issues or other health concerns seen on the initial evaluation.